Friday, January 22, 2010

Day 32

It took a few days but I finally broke. No exercise yesterday coupled with Taco Bell and ice cream. This morning my legs and fingers are swollen from the crap that went in my body. I really need to find balance between eating well and having some junk here and there.

The problem is that I really don't want the junk. I feel so alive when I eat right and exercise. Something else entirely takes over, quietly whispering at first, screaming before I listen. And this morning I'm paying the price. The good news is that over the past month whenever I give in to this voice my body has a bad reaction which in turn makes it easier for me to quiet the voice the next time.

What am I going to do about it today? Today I'm going to pick up where I left off. Instead of taking a 'rest day' (according to the training schedule) I'm going to do yesterday's 3 miles + strength training. Today I'm going to be sure to eat extra greens and drink extra water to help boost my energy back up and clean this grease and sugar out of my body. Today I am not going to sit around and feel guilty about yesterday. Today is here now, yesterday will not defeat me.

Today's Goal: Onward!

1 comment:

Furry Bottoms said...

It was bound to happen... you've been doing very well and I think you continue to do really well because you aren't giving in for more than one day. I wonder if your body was screaming for comfort food, and that taco bell and icecream might have been it?