Monday, January 18, 2010

Day 28

4 weeks behind me now! A lifetime of happiness in front! Today I'm somewhere in between. Not stuck really, more in route.

After making my big announcement I am struggling with old habits. The Idea Girl has spent her whole life coming up with big ideas only to announce them to the world, get a pat on the back for coming up with "such a great idea!" and feeling fulfilled enough with that to drop it. The challenge here is change that behavior and accomplish the big idea. Now that my plan is widely known I have to fight the urge to be temporarily satisfied with the pat on the back.

First step: Become a Follow Through Girl. Second step: Merge the Idea Girl and the Follow Through Girl. Thus creating someone who can bring to life all of these (or at least some of these) great ideas! Imagine just how far I can go!

Week 2 of the 1/2 marathon training begins today. It took me three weeks to prep my body just to begin week one. Honestly I could have used four. This new schedule offers a new a variety of tasks growing more and more challenging every two weeks. Hoping that I continue to grow stronger each day so it doesn't kill me. If it does, please know I died doing something I loved and thank heaven, not from obesity!

Goal for Today: Stretch and Strengthen.

No comments: