Monday, January 4, 2010

Day 15 : Taking the Long Route

Day 15! Two weeks into becoming a follow through girl!

There's a corner grocery near my home. If you go one way it's five blocks away, if you choose the other it's a mile. I walk there occasionally to buy ciggarettes - other demon to confront another day. This morning I choose the long route. I came back drenched from the pouring rain and full of accomplishment. Not in walking a mile. If you've read my blog previously you'll know that's at least half the distance I walk each day. But in making the choice to walk the mile instead of the few blocks. The choice to follow through.

Week 3 I've decided to take on a few more daily goals. 1. Take my vitamins. 2. Think of food in terms of fuel. Decide what bennifit it holds for my body instead of 'this makes me skinny, this makes me fat'.

I realized this weekend that if I begin to think of this follow through project as a weightloss project I get discouraged. If the focus is kept instead on feeling stronger, healthier, leaner each day I have already accomplised more than the day before. Bringing me one step closer to releasing the inner me.

Today's Goal: Feel good about my accomplishments thus far.

No comments: