Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Day 10

Unexpected snow fell yesterday afternoon and into the night. First of the year. The trees that line the street in front of our home stood still, glistening in the light. Children from the condos across the way made snowmen and had a snowball fight. The snowmen are all that remain.

For the first time in many years I was able to enjoy the falling snow. That's one good thing about being unemployed. Funny how having a place you need takes away the simplest of pleasures.

Day 10. Parking lot full of snow and ice. I stayed in. Did some streches - after all that walking my muscles are really tight. Far from limber just the simplest movements become a workout. I really need to spend more time streching. It would be my luck to cause injury and give myself an excuse why I cannot follow through. No, more focus on the streches from here on out.

Tomorrow's Goal: Strech well in the morning then back to the grind. I actually missed it today!

1 comment:

meliss3092 said...

No snow here...I don't want to drive on it by any means but if I had nowhere to go I'd love to see some on the ground. The first snow is always pretty. I remember two winters ago when I was unemployed in Idaho, sitting in the upstairs of my apartment, watching the snow fall around the rural area I lived in. I'd love to see that now...wouldn't love the unemployed part though, have to have money.